Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Nutshell

The last week or so in a nutshell...

I finished up school on Tuesday (a week ago)

Eli was home with the throw ups (Thursday/ Friday)

Had Eli in to the see an ENT doctor because of his crazy sounds that he makes - noticed by our pediatrition at the last visit... After a quick scope of his throat, diagnosis: laryngeal malaysia - a floppy voicebox. This is what has been causing his crazy (but, oh so cute) sounds from the past. Also probably the cause the weird gasping, hiccup-like sounds that followed intense crying. Also, had something to do with his yucky bout of croup... Anyway - no surgery required as he should grow out of it soon (usually by age 1) and its not impeding his growth and development. The ENT was surprised to still see it in an almost 10-month-old. We'll just keep an eye on it.

Got a bunch of house stuff done on Saturday - Andy and I cleaned out the garage, did some yard work - all thanks to a nice visit from G-ma Jeanne and Papa Doug.

Sat PM I came down with a dreadful flu-like virus that knocked this mommy off her feet (literally). I will spare most of the gorey details, but suffice it to say, that I spent a lot of time in the bathroom that night and a lot of time on the couch the following few days.

Unfortunately, Ben also came down with the same virus that next morning, so poor daddy was not only taking care of a very sick momma and son, but also a newly-mobile baby that is prone to throwing up easily. Daddy deserves a good medal for all of his efforts!!!

A lot of laundry had been done this past week involving a lot a bodily fluids. Yuck.

Here are some clips of our scooting Eli...







No comments: