Scene #1: I am filling the bathtub with water for Eli's bath.
Ben comes running in, saying "I have to go potty really bad." (With a totally scrunched up face showing the intense nature of his statement - coupled with some crotch grabbing).
I tell him: "Well, get your pants down and go"
Ben: (still wiggling and dancing on top of his stool) "I can't handle it!"
(He did make it, btw)
Scene #2: We are playing in the front yard. Mommy is told to be the "un-pire" calling balls and strikes for Ben, who is throwing a basketball at me down the sidewalk. I return the ball to him and it bounces a bit too high and jams one of his fingers.
Me: "Oh, sorry, bud, shake it off"
Ben: "It doesn't shake off. It stays ON"
Scene #3: Bathroom
Ben: (admiring his work in the toilet) "Daddy, did you ever see a poopy that is half black and half brown?"
Scene #4: Upstairs. I am trying to put Eli down for a nap. Ben is quietly coming in the room, holding up objects and reminiscing about the things he did with them when "he was baby".
Ben: (holding up A&D diaper cream) whispers, "Renember when I was a baby and I squeezed this out all over?"
Me: "Yes, Ben, I do"
Ben: (Returns with a baby powder bottle) "Renember when I was a baby and I squirted this all over?"
Me: "Yes, Ben, I do."
Ben then disappears, and then I hear some scuffling, and a mumble about a washcloth. Then I hear the water running in the bathroom and think I make out some pitter pattering of little feet.
After I finally get Eli down for his nap, I investigate. There are many footprints of baby powder leading back and forth from the bathroom to his room. Inside his room, I find a nice sized baby powder spill with Ben on his hands and knees washing the floor with a pair of his dampened underwear, leaving wet, white smears of 'cleaned up' space. Nice. At least he tried to clean it up, huh?
Here is Eli trying to put on his own socks:
Eli is getting better and better at cruising - he's switched from ottoman to couch with no assistance. Andy saw him put a star in the star-hole in the Fisher Price Shapes Cookie Jar. He's getting more and more vocal - more guhs, and other sounds with a lot more inflection. Poor kid is still sick. 101.2 today. Hoping for a better night tonight.
1 comment:
I love the Ben-isms. The powder on the floor is my favorite. And Eli is so cute putting on his sock! :)
-Rhonda
Post a Comment