Ben turned 4 this weekend and we celebrated with an Airplane Birthday Party! We had airplane cake, made and threw paper airplanes, as well as a big foam airplane. The kids had a great time (and by kids I mean Andy and his brothers... ha!). Ben received some very nice things (including the original birthday outfit - Adidas soccer outfit from Boy, that was temporarily replaced by a sweet garage sale find from Grandma of a Dallas Stars hockey jersey - see picture below). I didn't get many other pictures because we were too busy having fun.
So far, 4 has been great. Ben woke up by himself today, went potty, got clothes and shoes on completely ON HIS OWN. This is a big step for him! He went to the dentist today and did an amazing job sitting still and even tried a few x-rays of the front of his mouth. I remember Danielle telling me that 4 year olds are her favorite stage in kids. I feel like that could be the case with Ben, too...
This last week, Ben finally "got" pedaling a bike (with training wheels). He his not been able to coordinate his little legs to go forward with the pedals until lately. In one week he went from very apprehensive on the bike to flying down the sidewalk at breakneck speeds, even honking his little horn at some slow goers on a path at the park.
Eli - has been hit with yet another cold. Man, this kid will have one sweet immune system come Kindergarten... His poor raw nose. Even putting A&D cream on it several times a day is not helping... Anyway - here is one of the cutest videos I have ever seen: Eli singing Happy Birthday! (listen carefully to his 'words')
House status: playing a stressful waiting game... Arg.
No comments:
Post a Comment