so, maybe I should change the title of the blog to Stokes Speaks Every Great Once in a While...
Let's see - School has been going wonderfully so far. I thought that there would be this steady climb of the "easy factor" and with each passing year of teaching that things would be getting steadily easier. Turns out that the curve between year 2 and year 3 is much steeper that I thought - meaning that things this year have just gone so much more smoothly that I had imagined. It seems like I have really hit my stride. I feel like the kids are with me and paying attention much more so now than in the past. The group thing is working almost seamlessly (sorry Katie - I know...). Tomorrow is Back to School Night with the parents coming to school at 7:00PM and lasting thru 9:00 - Makes for a very long day, especially when I don't have the time to drive back home between after school and parents. I can hopefully get a ton of correcting done, though.
Andy and I have been doing kind of putzy stuff lately. Nothing major - We still have a back splash to tile, a kitchen to paint and a stairway to plaster, but I'm not feeling a big rush to get those things done. At least not until the Northwest Rain hits. Then we will be cooped up and will be itching to accomplish something. We spent the last weekend in Eugene visiting some friends, which was nice! This weekend we have a family deal and we might go see a play (PolyAnna) that one of my former students is in. Not much else new here. Hope all well back in the Midwest - My mom had snow flurries last Friday! Makes me a bit nostalgic...
2 comments:
Yay! I'm so glad to see a post from you. Hope told me about your popsicle stick way to call on kids- sounds good. What a wily teacher you are!
Popscicle stick in cup is very popular at my new school, too!
Post a Comment