Monday, September 3, 2007

So long, summer...

It's been a while since my last post... Let's see. I had a great visit back to MN for a week. I got to see Brent and Patti for a very short visit because of a 4 hour plane delay. Then up to the cabin for quality time with mom and dad. I got in my bird-nerd fix, helped cut down some trees, did a short hike with mom, kayaked with dad, and just had fun hanging out with the parents. Then back to Mpls for some much needed girl-time. I had a blast meeting Jack and Henry, and spending time with H, D and K and all of the kids. Thanks girls for putting me up in your houses and taking care of me! I had a nice surprise visit to the good ol' MN State Fair - I got all of my food needs in - the corn, mini-donuts, cookies, milkshakes and cheese curds. I even got to ride the big slide with Hailey!

I had a nice 3 day work week with meetings and quite a bit more time in my classroom than expected. I feel like I am ready to go. As for Labor Day weekend - We kept it pretty calm here - Went to a minor league baseball game in Salem, canned some tomatoes from our garden, played some tennis with Andy, his brother and sister in law. I start back at school tomorrow with kids for a half day - short 9 minute periods, then Wed, Thur and Fri with full days. I've tried a new seating arrangement in my room (groups of 4) that hopefully will help accommodate the technology pieces that I've wanted to integrate in to my daily lessons, as well as incorporating group work. We'll see how that works. It's sad to see the summer come to an end... But I do love the fall with the crisp air and leaves falling. Take care!

2 comments:

Hope said...

I hope that the first day of school went well!

Katie said...

Group work- yuck.