This morning the first Pacific Northwest storm hit the area with serious wind and rain. From about 5AM - 7AM, the last 200 or so walnuts started crashing into the roof, just above our bed. They are totally water logged and sound like bombs going off when they hit. They fell at a rate of like 3 a minute. Poor Andy was trying to sleep because he had to work today... This should be it for the leaves/ walnuts. I think this storm brought down every single leaf. It even knocked power out for about 3 hours today. Later gators!
Monday, November 12, 2007
Leaves and more leaves and Date night
After what feels like the 18th weekend in a row when leaves have been the main entertainment, I think an end is in sight. On Saturday, we spent another 5 hours on leaf duty. Albeit, there were still some leaves on the trees, but it was nice weather, so we raked. And raked, and blew and sucked (with the leaf blower). We ended up with an entire utility trailer full of leaves. I had seen this farm about 15 minutes from here that said "Dump your leaves here!" for them to compost. So, we headed out to dump them, but upon our arrival, there was a "Closed" sign posted - too many leaves. So we ended up paying $8.85 to the local dump to compost them... We were so exhausted when we got home, and I had no energy to cook, so we both showered up and headed out to our first date night in a very long time. We hit Red Robin for some burgers (turkey for me) and then saw a movie, "Into the Wild" - a Krakauer book about a guy that tries to live off the land in "remote" Alaska. Sean Penn directed it - did a decent job - of course, took some Hollywood liberties, but overall good flick. Sunday, we finished emptying what used to be a storage room in our upstairs. We are going to make it into a sewing room/ extra guest room (futon). After cleaning out the room, the plaster cracks were looking pretty bad, so I decided to try some drywall compound to cover them up. As with all house projects, it took longer than expected to mud all of the cracks. Luckily, I have today off, so I was able to sand all of the mud and clean up the drywall mess. I don't have it in me to start the painting just yet. It's all taped and ready to go. Maybe when Andy comes home we can tag-team.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Geez Stokes- You guys are busy bees!!!
Post a Comment