Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm back.

Sorry for the long hiatus, it just seems like there's not a whole lot to report. Everything is going well with the pregnancy. I am still feeling fine, but I do need to get more sleep. I had my 28 week glucose test on Monday - haven't heard back on the results yet...

Andy and I have spent what seems like an eternity of weekends shopping for various things.

#1 still working on the glider/ rocker for the nursery. We have gotten the serious run around from Babies R Us. Their main chair manufacturer is currently not taking any special orders and BRU is out of stock on a floor sample chair that we like. Very frustrating after 4 separate trips to the nearest store - 40 minutes away. We have also shopped around at many other furniture stores (Wicks, Chair Outlet, Baby Depot in Burlington Coat Factory, JC Penny) but they don't seem to have what we are looking for. We are on a waiting list for the back-ordered chair, but they don't have any timeline for when it might come in.

#2 a nice new HD-LCD TV for the living room. Ours is old and has a purple spot in the corner, and we would love to watch baseball in HD. We have scouted Best Buy, Circuit City, and Fry's - a huge local electronics warehouse. I think Fry's will have the best deal.

#3 a new car for Andy. I think we have settled on the Honda CRV - we test drove one last weekend and really liked it. He wants to sit high up, but get decent mileage. The CRV is a pretty good fit. Maybe we will break down and try to make the deal this weekend. I don't think we're going to get much on his trade in - a 99 Explorer with 208,000 miles on it.

We are also preparing for my parents to come into town over Spring Break. They are willing to help us complete numerous house projects (yeah!), so we have been busy buying supplies like paint trays, rollers, tape, a ceiling fan for the nursery. We have ordered a laminate countertop to replace the horrendous tile mosaic counter in my bathroom and plan on salvaging the sink. We still need to buy the light fixture, faucet, and hardware for the cabinets. It will so nice to have them here to help out!

School is going well - I just finished up Physics and am starting Biology. Andy has been working a ton, so it seems like I never get to see him... I will try to take a belly picture soon and post. Off to make some sloppy joes (Stokes-style: ground turkey and lots of veggies).

2 comments:

Hope said...

Thanks for the post. I was missing you! I've got stuff going on Thursday and Friday night but I'll give you a jingle this weekend. You will love HD TV. The little we have watched it in the basement is terrific. If only our furniture would come in. Sports in HD is the only way to go. Post a daffodil picture. I have spring fever.

Katie said...

Didn't you love the glucose test- like slamming a JOLT! Woo hoo, how I miss 1988. I hope you're neg for the gest DM.