Monday, June 23, 2008

4 weeks old!

Ben turned 4 weeks old on Sunday!

We had a nice weekend, and I feel like we have turned the corner on figuring out Ben's needs (although, I'm probably jinxing myself by saying this...) Lately, we've had a few good nights and days, too. We're just starting to see the signs of a pattern developing. He's now back to about 3-4 hours between feedings, with definite periods of sleep and alertness. It sure helps having Andy around on the weekend. We made a venture to Babies R Us last night to pick up a few remaining necessities (more burp rags! diapers, a mobile, some good socks that will hopefully stay on, etc.)

Here is Ben enjoying his swing (thanks, again to Jim and Deb - and Levi!) Look how tiny he looks!


Daddy reading Richard Scarry to Ben

Ben at 4 weeks
In his little slugger outfit (Grandpa Ron should be happy)

We thought we were getting the first signs of smiles from Ben, so out came the video camera... I don't think that they are "real" smiles yet, but based on what we've seen, he sure will have an incredibly adorable smile once they do come! We can't wait!

Congrats to Ami and Riad on the birth of their son, Dylan, last week - We can't wait to meet him!

1 comment:

JenyB said...

That Richard Scary book was one of the first books I bought when I found out I was pregnant. I love Richard Scary. Flinn likes the 'hobo cat' in the train scene. She thinks 'hobo cat' is a funny thing to say (someday we will teach her that homelessness is nothing to laugh at, I promise)