Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Trial Run

Yesterday, Ben and I did a trial run with the daycare provider that we chose. It was a short visit, but Ben handled it just fine. At daycare, he finished a nap, took a bottle and after a not-so-successful attempt at playtime, went back down for another nap. All this in just a few short hours. The kids at this daycare are great. I hung out for about an hour, and all of them were friendly, polite and well-behaved. Makes me feel as good as I can about leaving Ben in the care of someone else. There is another little guy there who is 15 weeks old named Madden (Ben is 12 weeks). I hope these two will end up being great play-pals! There are 4 other kiddos - 3 toddlers and a 6 month old girl. This lady has her hands full, but she has a lot of help from her 4 daughters and even her mom. She's been doing daycare for over 20 years, so she knows what she's doing, and has all of the gadgets and toys that you could ever imagine.

We'll do another trial run on Thursday or Friday this week. Next week, I start back at school for 3 days with meetings and getting my room ready for the year. The kids start back the following week with 4 days (because of Labor Day), so it makes for a nice transition for little Ben - 2, 3, 4, then 5 days a week at daycare.

Here's a better pic of the Little Boy Lake shirt from Grandma:
And one of the little Gopher in his jumper (for a limited time - he can't quite sit up in it yet...)

No comments: