Saturday, September 27, 2008

Marliene's Miracle Blanket!

I got 8 nearly uninterrupted hours of glorious sleep last night. I fed Ben at 8:30PM, then put him down to bed around 9:30PM. He has come down with cold #2 and has been feeling a bit under the weather, so he is sleeping a bit more than normal. I crawled into bed about 10:00PM, and didn't fully awake until 6:00AM!!! Andy did have to get up at 10:15 or so to put the pacifier back in, and Ben woke up about 3AM coughing, but went back to sleep on his own. All in all that makes 8 hours of mommy laying in bed, not getting up at all! I am chalking this up partially to his cold, but mostly to a flannel blanket that I made, patterned after my daycare provider's swaddle blankets. My little receiving blankies just aren't cutting it any more - Ben can bust out of even the tightest swaddle because they are just too small and he getting too strong. This awesome new blanket is simply 2 large pieces of flannel sewn together, and I am kicking myself now for not making one earlier.



Here are some pics from the backyard today.








3 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so glad you found the secret! I think I told you how we used a bedsheet to swaddle Annalise because she couldn't bust out- maybe you weren't listening due to sleep deprivation?
I think I can tell from the picture that the flannel on one side of your swaddle blanket is ivory with brown owls and some sage color too? If so, that's wild, because that's the flannel I chose for the cloth diaper wipes I'm sewing!!!

Stokes said...

It IS the same owl fabric!! Great moms think alike! (and use Joanne's coupons) :)

Katie said...

I would not buy at Joann's without a coupon! (Just like savvy Danielle)