Here are the before and after pics of my dad's iliac artery. I had to have nurse Jan interpret them to explain what I was seeing, as she is the resident expert in angioplasty because she worked in a cath lab for many years. The one on the left is the before and the one on the right is a magnification of the branch with the arrows after the procedure. As much as I can understand, the large artery you see at the top of the left pic is the aorta which comes down from the heart and then branches into the main leg arteries. There were 2 blockages of 65% and 95%. They ended up putting in 2 stents and it looks like my dad is feeling a lot better already - He felt a warming sensation in his leg during the procedure as the blood rushed into his leg once they opened up the artery. He is up and moving around fine and on his way to a full recovery. Yeah, dad! I'm so glad the procedure went well and that they caught this before anything crazy happened.

2 comments:
Me too! Looks good!!!
Thanks for the Ron update. Glad to hear that he's up and getting around. Sounds like everything went well. Thanks for the visual aid.
Post a Comment