Wednesday, April 14, 2010

200th post! Big News!

Ben's gonna be a BIG Brother!


(or Big "rother" as the picture shows - I could not get him to sit still for 2 seconds to snap a quick picture)

I'm pretty sure that anyone that reads this blog already knows this, but - there it is - we are having another baby! My official due date is Sept. 3rd (conveniently - on LABOR day weekend... ha-ha). I'm almost to 20 weeks (half way there!), so the nausea part is pretty much over. I have been starting to feel some baby movement in the last few weeks. I'm really starting to show at this point - where people can (fairly) confidently ask "Are you expecting?" We are so excited to meet this little person and to give Ben (in Danielle's words) "the greatest gift you can give your child - a sibling"... :)

I've been inching closer and closer to the 200th post and was hoping to time it with the announcement of the gender of our baby, but alas, that will be another week and a half (ultrasound scheduled on April 23rd). We can't wait! The planner in me is dying to know - do I need to start shopping for girl clothes? Originally, I was leaning towards boy, but lately, I'm leaning much more towards this being a girl... Who knows?? Any other inklings out there?

In Ben news - let's see - some things of note:
Spring Break - new phrase "I'll get it!" referring to any type of ball thrown out of reach and he knows that in order to open a package that you will need a "Sciss-aaa" - and what drawer to find them in...

Lately - really starting to put together longer strings of words - Dadda sit down riiii heee-ah.
His memory is incredible - He can still recall who sat where when Andy's fam was over 2 weeks ago - He keeps pointing to Adam's chair - saying "Adam" and making giggling sounds... If Andy and I are talking (thinking Ben's not listening) and I say Rhonda - Ben starts in with everyone else's name, too - Ronna - A-dam - gaa-maa, papa Doug - aaaron.

Or if we are reading a book and there's a airplane - gaa-maa - gam-pa - referring to my parents leaving after Spring Break to fly back to MN...

Oh and yesterday during dinner - Andy was trying to coach Ben in getting the last bit of yogurt (yo-guck) out of his bowl.
Andy: "Ben, just scrape the spoon on the bottom".
Ben: (innocently) takes his spoon and sticks it (where else) but on HIS bottom.
Still makes me laugh out loud.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Congratulations again. I can totally hear Danielle saying that, as she told me that more than a couple of times too!
You sure have a cute and smart boy on your hands- I loved the scrape it on the bottom story! Made me smile.

Hope said...

OMG - You're pregnant? Who knew!