Monday, May 24, 2010

Birthday Boy!

We had a great time at Ben's 2nd Birthday Party on Saturday! Andy's family came over for Ben's fire truck-themed party (aka as fa-fuk to Ben - nice, I know). We had a great time hanging out, eating some '5-alarm' chili (or taco soup), then opened presents (wow - Ben got some very nice things - thank you, everyone!) and had some fire truck cake and ice cream. Here are some pics from the past few days.
Here is the cake-making process (documented, mostly for my own record...). It was my first time making a 'fancy' cake, but I think it turned out pretty well. Let's just say that I learned a lot.
We've spread out the gift opening over the past few days and will finish up tomorrow... Pretty overwhelming for a 2 year old. Today we opened his tent/tunnel. It was pretty hard to break him away for bedtime...

We have one happy little BOY! We are so lucky to have such a smart, funny, and loving son like Ben. He is so much fun to be around. We can't wait to see him grow in the upcoming years. Yeah, Ben - You are 2!!!

His favorite phrases as of late are: "I did it!", "One more time", "Daddy doing?"

2 comments:

Hope said...

Cake looks great! Nice work!

Chad

Katie said...

Happy Birthday, Ben!
Nice cake, Jen. I like your hair too!

Katie (NOT Mike!)