Thursday, August 26, 2010

Batter Up, Chasing Bubbles, Bath Time, and 'I think we're ready...'

Does he not remind you of Bam-Bam with that little bat???

Here's an old clip of our friends' visit with their son and dog...

And Ben's first bubble bath. I'm not sure why it took us this long to do this... He certainly enjoys it.

Tomorrow marks the 39th week of my pregnancy. Man, time has flown the past few weeks, but I feel as if we are about as ready as we can be for the arrival of our second son. We can't wait to meet this little guy!

Preparations are pretty much as complete as we get them: guest room is ready for grandparents to stay, tub is scrubbed, all of the newborn clothes are washed, neatly folded and put away, house is moderately clean, list is ready for the trip to the hospital, insurance paperwork is in order, bills are paid, groceries are semi-stocked, Ben is in his new big boy room and bed - with NO pacifier, infant car seat is installed, the name list is whittled down to about 3 choices, gift for baby from Ben is ready, gift for Ben from baby is ready, a tour of my classroom has been given to my long term sub and the first 2 weeks of lessons are ready to go, camera and video camera are downloaded and charged, and eye doctor, dentist and hair cut appointments are complete... What am I forgetting? Oh yeah - deep breath.

I haven't had any regular contractions (I didn't with Ben at all, until after my water broke!), but I did have one doosey of a contraction the other night while sitting in a funny position on the couch. The baby is still up pretty high, but you never know when things might happen!!!!

No comments: