Sunday, August 12, 2007

MN here I come!

OK - I've finally decided on dates for a flight! I'll be back in MN Aug 20-27. Can't wait to meet Henry and Jack! It took me forever to feel OK about leaving during the last week of my summer break. I think we are going to get a lot done on the house this week. We had a minor setback with our plumbing. After our new countertops got installed on Friday, we attempted to hook up the new faucet. We had everything under control until one of the cold water pipes started leaking - as soon as we tried to fix that one, the shut off valve started leaking... (these things tend to happen in a 100 year old house with corrosive water) So, hopefully I can find a plumber on Monday who can come and save our mess of a kitchen sink. We've had to endure 4 days with no kitchen sink and no dishwasher. I'm waiting to post pics of the counters once we have the faucet in and some things put back in place.

This week, I'm hoping to finish up the Venetian plaster on the stairs/ landing. So far it looks awesome! It's a lot of work, but man, it looks great. I'm even thinking of doing one wall in the kitchen with the same treatment.

Well, looking forward to seeing all of my fellow Minnesotans soon! I hope my Portland weather follows me there. It's been about 80 with a nice breeze and a few clouds here.

3 comments:

Hope said...

Yeah! It is my last week before heading back to work. How do you think the countertops turned out? Sucks about the plumbing though...Murhpy's Law of Home Improvement projects!

Danielle said...

Hey, if I have any say let's do something around the 20, 21, 22 as we are heading to the cabin that weekend.

Katie said...

Since when does D have any say??? Why don't you bring your spackling brush, or whatever you need to do it, and you can Venetian our basement. Oh yeah, we should have it sheetrocked first, I guess.