OK - For those who how have not seen my house in person, here is what the kitchen used to look like. Note the black and white floor tile, white laminate counters, and doily curtains.


My parents came out for spring break this year and my dad helped put in the new floor (I don't have any pics of this process, but you can see the new floor in the next pics)
Then, I designed an island and had a local cabinet maker built it. I picked it up in pieces, and had to paint all of the doors, end panels, and trim. Then Andy and I assembled it in the kitchen, and secured it to the floor. We ran wiring for one outlet in the end, so we can plug in a blender (for smoothies or margaritas), waffle maker (for blueberry waffles with friut right from our garden) or cell phone chargers. We still have to connect the wire.
Finally, the new counters arrived and we put the finishing touches on the island like floor trim, putting in the shelves, etc. We also replaced all of the hardware on the cabinets. What a difference!!



The remaining 25% of the kitchen remodel entails:
1. Putting up a tile backsplash from countertop to the bottom of the cabinets. We already have all of the supplies, we just need to find a day or two to put it up.
2. Installing undercabinet lighting on the sink side of the counters. We have all the supplies, just need to find some of that elusive time.
3. Painting the ceiling and walls.
Well, that's it for now - I'll see you fellow Minnesotans very soon! Time to get packing.
2 comments:
You'll have to comment on the line up of beer bottles on the top of the cabinets?? Hope you're having a seamless flight!
Holy sh!t. Wow. Come to my house!
Post a Comment