Thursday, August 9, 2007

I'm done with the S's and on to the T's


Since we joined the 21st century back at Christmas-time by purchasing a TIVO, we have been enjoying many of its bonus features. Using the networking capabilities of TIVO, you can play music from the hard drive of your computer out thru your stereo. (Thanks to Mr. H for pointing this out to us - you've created a monster.) Soooo, we are now attempting to rip all of our music to the newly-purchased external hard drive, so that we have a complete library of our entire music collection. Each CD takes about 5-10 minutes to upload to the computer, then you have to switch to the next CD... Since we have like a million CDs this has been a painstakingly long process. Obviously, I'm not going to just sit in front of the computer for hours on end, I just put a new one in each time I walk by the computer. So, I just finished up with the S's: Steely Dan, Springsteen, Stone Temple Pilots (one of my fav bands), The Strokes, Sting, etc. Now on to the T's. Any guesses as to some T's?????

Our goal in doing this is to make folders that you can shuffle thru depending on your mood. We've created catagories like Alternative, Classical, Hair Metal, etc. It's like having your own personal radio station. We also want to back up our CD collection in case of fire, etc. I've heard of the Pandora radio thing - I might check it out - but, alas, I've been spending too much time with this ripping thing.

On another note - House projects continue - Our new countertops are being installed tomorrow. Andy and I ripped out 2 of the 3 old counter sections last night, and still have the section with the sink to take out tonight. Needless to say, I will be doing some drywall repair today. Seems like no matter what you do, the caulk rips off the paper part of the sheetrock. I can't wait to see the new counters tomorrow - I will post pics then.

FYI - I'm still considering a Aug 21-27 trip to MN - Checking on tickets again today... Will let you know if I book some.


3 comments:

Hope said...

Tesla? Twisted Sister? Talking Heads?

Katie said...

Tesla, Toad the Wet Sprocket...these were Mike's guesses- now that he's a blogging god, I am here to do his bidding (and typing). It's hard to think of T bands, and I doubt you have Terrence Trent Darby!

Stokes said...

Tesla (how embarassing that you both got that one)
Temple of the Dog
Toad the Wet Sprocket (nice call, man-blogger)
Travis
Taylor, James
The Temptations
Tenacious D
Tears for Fears
They Might Be Giants
Traveling Willburys
Train
Tonic