Friday, December 21, 2007

Reaction Time

What an exciting day! I announced the pregnancy to the staff at the school today at our Holiday Breakfast. I could really feel the love! I had the principal put an announcement over the loudspeaker in the morning - The office staff sang "Hush little baby" and then told the kids... I heard a rumble of noise, and couldn't figure out what it could be. Wow - I had no idea what was coming! A herd of at least 50 kids stormed into my room yelling and offering hugs of congratulations! Amazing! I totally started crying (darn hormones). My face hurts from smiling all day. The kids are so excited... I had several handmade baby cards by the end of the day - along with a jillion cookies, etc. for Christmas gifts.

On top of all this excitement, we got the results back from the Quad-screening blood test taken on Tuesday. The nurse said that I am well below the average for risks of all of the factors that they test for. YEAH!

Off to do laundry, pack and shower. Our alarm will be going off very early tonight... 3:30AM.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh, that's really sweet. I'm glad everyone at work is so supportive. Can't wait to see you, have a great xmas with the folks.

Katie said...

That's great news- I'm so glad to hear it! It sounds like you had a wonderful day at school on Friday, what a great feeling.