My crocuses (or is it croci??) are already up and blooming. I know the folks back in MN are going to be jealous... The forecast for next week has high temps in the 50's and even 60's with a just a few sporadic showers. That just means that you guys will have to schedule more visits to enjoy our wonderful weather!

I had a nice week at school. Monday-off, regular days Tues-Thurs, then a sub for Friday while I took my after school Physics Club to their competition at Portland State University to compete in the edible car, bridge building and egg drop competitions. The kids had a blast - one team took 1st place in 2 events, and another team placed 3rd! I really wasn't expecting too much, but they really did a great job! I would definitely do this again next year - with more prep time for them to get ready. Here is a shot of the edible car - It was judged on its distance traveled down a ramp, plus the percent of the car not eaten in 5 minutes (1st prize!). How fun!

I did come down with my second cold of the pregnancy... Stuffy nose, bit of chest congestion, and sneezing. Glad its the weekend. We may go on a mission to try to find a glider/rocker chair for the nursery. Our crib is in, just waiting for the dresser to arrive, then they can deliver.
My parents are now officially flying out for spring break. Yeah! It will be nice to get one last push in to try to finish up some house projects before the baby arrives!
2 comments:
Beautiful flowers. I am a bit jealous as I certainly have some spring fever. Great job on the Physics Club competition. I bet the kids just love you as their teacher.
Nice car!! Wonder were the door handles are?
Two first place ribbons is quite impressive!
Post a Comment