Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thanks all around!

What an incredible group of friends and family I have! They threw a spectacular baby shower last weekend in MN. I had no idea who was on the guest list before hand, so it was like a little surprise each time the door opened and someone new came in the house. There was even a special trip from all the way from Indiana by my old college roomie, Cynthia! I received so many wonderful gifts - some hand-made, and some with so much thought put into them - I know they will all get put to good use.


My mom nearly brought everyone to tears when I opened her incredible "Dancing in the Moonlight" quilt. It is so adorable, I can't wait to hang it up in the nursery! Andy and I couldn't stop looking at it and all of the little details - I can't even imagine how much time and effort went into choosing the fabrics, hand sewing each little piece of animal on to the quilt, putting it together and then quilting it!


Here is the whole gang!



The good ol' UMM buddies. (Breard - you were there in spirit!)



It was great hanging out with friends and family for the weekend , even it was a short trip. I know that the next time I see many of them, things will be very different! :)

Thanks again everyone for their generosity!

2 comments:

cynthia said...

The photos turned out great!!!!

JenyB said...

*sniffle* When will we be all together again?! When was the last time--Danielle's cabin in '02, I think!