Monday, May 12, 2008

37 1/2 weeks

Well - I'm at 37 1/2 weeks now and still hanging in there. I had a hectic Mother's Day weekend. Saturday we put together the stroller and the Pack-n-Play, then Andy took off to head to Seattle for one last hurrah before baby. He went to a Mariners game with an old buddy from California. I, on the other hand, went to work to catch up on a ton of grading and to start the infamous "sub plans"... I spent about 4+ hours at school and felt much better when I left, but I still have a large lab report to grade for about 100 students. I'm going to put in some time on them tonight after a nice nap. On Sunday, I ran a bunch of errands that included a trip to JCPenny to order window treatments for the downstairs bathroom and the office, a stop at Cost Plus for an end table in the nursery, and a quick trip to Barnes and Noble for an infant-toddler care book. I also worked on packing "the bag" which I have found is quite difficult to do... I pretty much will have a list of the things to go in and just have to check them off as I put them in, once the time comes. I can't pack most of my toiletry items yet, since I use them everyday. We had a nice dinner with Andy's mom and family on Sunday, and made it home in time to crash for the evening. Andy did come through with a very nice Mother-to-be Day gift - A cool locket necklace with a spot for a tiny picture inside and some flowers and a book! Both of our moms had a cute little locket with pics of us when we were little - How thoughtful of him! My next appt is on Wed. - I'll do a new update then!

WARNING - Girl stuff ahead! At my last appt. on Thursday I was at 2 cm and 50% effaced! We'll see what Wed. brings...

2 comments:

JenyB said...

Crazy thing this birthin' of babies...I wasn't even at 2 cm when I was admitted and Flinn came less than 3 hours later! You're walking around at 2 cm. Wild, weird, wacky stuff

Katie said...

It's Wednesday, where's the update??? You're in the hospital, aren't you??? You had little Brady Bryce Clodhopper, didn't you???? How was it?