Thursday, May 15, 2008

38 weeks

The appointment went well. Progress remains the same as the last visit... but the baby has dropped a bit (-3). I asked the doctor how large the baby was - he does a quick feel of the belly and says "I'd say 8 - 8 1/2 pounds" with no smile or hint of this being a joke. I still have 2 weeks left - he's got to be kidding! I've heard that they usually err on the small side when making these estimates so as not to scare the mothers - so I'm thinking - OMG! Is it really more like 9 lbs or larger????

On the other hand, I'm still feeling pretty good - Tuesday, I was completely exhausted, but Wed and Thursday were much better. It's supposed to get up to 98 degrees tomorrow - Very crazy weather for Oregon this time of year. I'm not sure how my body will handle the heat. Our walnut tree doesn't even have its leaves yet to provide some shade for the house. We may be sleeping downstairs. We're planning on putting in the garden and doing some other yard work this weekend (in the cool AM/PM hours). Next appt on Tuesday, I think.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Charlie was born at 38 wks, any day now my friend!

Katie said...

You've already made it farther than I ever have! Woo hoo.

Hope said...

Thinking of you today and awaiting the news of your appointment today.

JenyB said...

Flinn was a 38 weeker, too, and you haven't posted recently, are you in the 38 week club?