Monday, May 5, 2008

36 1/2 weeks

Warning to EE or other squemish boys - don't read the first paragraph - girl stuff!

At my dr. visit last week (36 weeks) on Wed. I had the surprising news that I am 1 cm dialated. Not much, but at least there's some progress... (I didn't even know they checked this early) Just 9 cm to go... I also have a moderate rash on my torso/ arms that has been driving me crazy. I've tried some Benedryl, and it helps a bit, but it's still quite a nuisance. Other than that, I'm still feeling good!

Last weekend, I lined a basket for diapers - here's a pic.



I also lined the drawers of the dresser with wrapping paper and washed/ folded the clothes that we have in newborn/ 3 mos. sizes. The top drawer contains the 35 onesies...



This past weekend, we spent Saturday power washing various baby items and garbage cans, etc. We washed the car seat/ bases, bathtub, etc. Now I just have to reassemble them with their cushions and liners.

Sunday the weather was beautiful! We were weeding the rest of the big-leaf maple seedlings from the backyard when I noticed a starling that was carrying some nesting material toward our roof. I watched it for a bit and discovered that it was entering the soffit of the roof at an awkward spot that has no vinyl siding, and hopping inside the soffit about 20 feet and then emerging at a hole in the siding. Andy spent about 3 hours building a screen of chicken wire to keep the bird out of it's entrance hole and then pulled a huge amount of nesting material with an egg out of the soffit. Needless to say, I don't think the birds will be back.

We also had some time to go out to a Bridgeport Brewpub and Bakery in Portland with some friends that are also expecting! The boys had some beer and the preggos had desserts! Here's the gang: Ami/Riad, Doug/Maureen, Andy/Jen.

Here are the 3 preggos - Maureen - pregnant with twins due in mid-August, Ami - due on June 6 with her second and then me - officially due May 29th!

Next appt. is Thursday.

No comments: