Grandpa Ron and Grandma Jan just left to head back to MN. It was so great having them here for a week and watching them interact with Ben. It makes it so hard knowing that they can't just stop over and see Ben whenever they want - 1500 miles makes for a long drop-in visit. Watching how much joy little Ben can bring to others brings tears to my eyes. Aunt Patti's boss (who saw some pictures of a smiling Ben) said "His smile makes me smile". I guess that says it all. I'm sure it was tough for my parents to leave, and I heard that my dad even offered to buy my mom the house across the street... Ha-ha.
During Ben's frequent naps, grandma and grandpa helped out with many projects around the house (you can't stop them!). Ron constructed a garage work bench out of scrap lumber and left over counter tops from our kitchen (a la MacGyver), and also moved some cabinets from the shed into the garage for help with our organization deficiency there. Jan continued her sweat shop marathon by helping with numerous sewing projects - she even brought her own sewing machine!
Here are a ton of pics from the past week or so.
Here is a wooden puzzle that my dad hand-made for Ben. How cute! I think he could make some $$ selling these!
2 comments:
I was bummed that I missed your call at work today. I was in a meeting. So glad to read that your parents had a great visit. I am sure they loved the time with Ben (and many a little bit you and Andy). In those first few picts of Ben on this post, he is really getting big. He isn't so much that tiny infant anymore. Great post.
Get thee father on Etsy.com RIGHT NOW! He could sell those puzzles on there in a flash! Love the photos! I head back to work on Monday!
Post a Comment