Andy, Ben and I spent the weekend travelling to Redding, CA to see our friends Joe and Jill exchange vows. This entailed 7 hours of drive time each way from Newberg. I was cautiously optimistic that Ben would be a good traveller, and I was spot on! He did an absolutely amazing job all weekend. He hung out in the car seat for the drive down on Friday with little fussing - he took naps, played with toys and my hands and just checked out the passing lights when it got dark. On Saturday, he took a nap until we left for the ceremony at 12:30, then remained awake until 10:00PM with just one little 20 minute catnap between wedding and reception! What a trooper - he was content just being held by anyone and watching the events unfold... He even got to watch his daddy perform his infamous dance push-ups. For the drive back on Sunday, he was stupendous for us, with just one little crying bout which was fully justified as he was hungry and had a poopy diaper.
The wedding and reception were very nice and it was great to see Andy's old college pals. This makes me hopeful that Ben will be a good traveller come Christmas time when we will heading back to MN on an airplane.
Here are some pics from the reception at a Country Club on the Sacramento River.
Also, here are some pumpkin pics from last weekend at Sauvie Island near Andy's mom's house.
2 comments:
Cute video! I can't believe Ben's wearing the football shirt in the pumpkin photos- I think Bennett was much older when he was wearing it. I loved it though! Thanks Danielle!
Yes, I remember that shirt too, so cute! You guys clean up pretty well!
Post a Comment