OK, I've been looking back on old blog entries and noticing that I'm really good at keeping track of what we have done as a family, but not really mentioning the little milestones that our Ben has been tackling. I guess this means I better get working on the baby book entries! So here is a short synopsis of what our little ray of sunshine is up to as of late:
This is totally for my own purpose - I won't be offended if you aren't interested in reading this at all (in fact, I won't even know it!)!
1. He is sooo close to crawling - he spins in a cirle (only clockwise) on his belly, and is starting to skooch his hips off the ground. He does made progress, except that the only direction he's going right now is backwards. If he can't reach a toy, he will keep spinning circles until he gets closer.
2. No words yet, but lots of good hearty belly laughs. He is also doing the raspberry sound with pursed lips. He went through a phase of different sounds - 2 days of G-G-G, then 2 days of Wh-Wh-Wh.
3. Sitting - Again, so close to being able to go solo. He can sit up very well in his high chair (and has been for what seems like a very long time), and can sit on his own as long as something is there for when he eventually tips over trying to see something behind him. I had him in a shopping cart seat yesterday - a little tippy, bit did OK.
4. Interests - He is an observer. When we take him new places, his is content just looking around and checking out the scene. He likes to be outside. His favorite toys involve spinning something with his little thumb. He's really liking peek-a-boo and loves to be thrown up in the air, or startled with a "BOO". Today, we played with his new Christmas trucks - zooming them on the floor - he was enthralled! He likes to play with his soccer ball and new TrailBlazers basketball. He loves books - he has been turning pages (even at the right time) for over a month now. He also likes to play with the wooden animal puzzle made by grandpa Ron.
5. Sleeping - Before we left for MN, he had been sleeping thru the night (about 10-11 hours) with very few wake ups at all. In MN, we had some setbacks, but I think he's back on track to make it on his own. He's taking 2 naps during the day - usually one 2 hour and one that's about 45 min to 1.5 hours.
6. Food - He is now down to just a morning and night time nursing, with a bottle at 2PM. He has been eating solids for about 2 months now. So far he's a big fan of squash, pears, apples, bananas, and sweet potatoes. Strangely, he's having a harder time with peaches, and peas and green beans. He is eating a solid breakfast at about 10:00 and dinner at 5:00 - I'm thinking we need to add in a lunch soon. We just started offering "puffs" a few days ago. He had the chewing intinct right away, but will need to work on his pincher grabbing.
7. I almost forgot - He he sprouted a tooth in the past week or so - It is still working its way out, but you can feel it with your finger (bottom right), and we can see more of it everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment