Monday, April 20, 2009

I can't think of a title for this post.

Leave a 10 1/2 month old baby alone in a room for 1 minute, and this is what you get... Notice the empty book shelf (and the dust in the back corner...). Ben was reading up on adjustable rate mortgages in the Home Buying for Dummies book, when I re-entered the room. Both Saturday and Sunday were gorgeous days here in Oregon. I wish I could list all of the great outdoor activities that we did, but I don't really know where the weekend went. All of a sudden, we realized that it was already Sunday afternoon, so we packed up the Bikes, Burley and Ben and headed to a nearby state park - only 13 minutes from our front door. We got a helmet for Ben last week, and got it fitted and everything. We put it on him and he seemed to be OK with it outside of the Burley, but when he is sitting in it, the back of the seat totally pushes the helmet forward and covers his eyes. It appears that no amount of adjusting or tightening will help, so we will just ride carefully helmetless until he grows into the helmet.
A pic from this afternoon.
Ben is a still a crawling machine and is really starting to use the push behind walker on his own. He is still working on some words, though I think he has said "dada" a few times without knowing it. He is waving with a raised hand, and loves to get into anything and everything. He loves books and will sit patiently for long periods of time reading book after book. He likes to stand at the front door or any of our low windows watching the world go by. He has turned into a great sleeper - 2 naps a day and a solid 8PM - 6:30AM night time. He is getting over what seems like his 83rd cold, so I hope the old adage is true - that he will have a great immunity built up for Kindergarten... He gets quite "gaggy" whenever he has a cold (which seems like always), so trying to move to the more chunky foods hasn't really gone as planned - because he tends to choke on the food and throw it up. He loves ripe pear chunks and can surely make a mess of his face and hair while eating them. I've tried things like chunks of pancake, but they usually just end up on the floor. Ben is taking sips of water from a cup (held by me), but hasn't quite figured out the sucking part of the sippy cup. Soon, I think.
It's been great keeping up with everyone on their blogs - Keep up the good posts, girls!

No comments: