Just when you think you have your baby all figured out... They mix it up on you.
So, we thought we were in such a good place. We had a baby that could sooth himself to sleep. All we had to do was wrap him in a swaddle (arms out), give him a pacifier, turn on some music and off to dreamland for Ben. Up until about a week ago when he figured out that he can stand up in his crib. So, even when we got him all sleepy and we put him down, he would go into his hyper-spaz mode and be crawling all over the place, standing, sitting, crawling, sitting, standing, and then start crying and screaming inside the crib. We thought we had gotten past this "let them cry it out" stage. Little did we know that we had yet to return to it. He would stand at the edge of the crib and cry for 20 minutes at a time. One time, I stood outside his room to see what was going on in there. I watched as he finally stopped crying (after 15 minutes) and fell asleep sitting up. I wish I had the video camera. He kept tipping forward, semi-waking up, sitting back up and then fall asleep again. I finally had to go knock him over. I guess that most kids go thru this stage of not knowing to "lay down" to go to sleep. Ben just did it again today for afternoon nap. He cried for maybe 7 minutes or so, then stopped on his own. I went up to check on him and there he was sitting up - asleep. It was pretty cool to watch him this time. After about 1 minute, he just sort of took a deep breath, and laid down. I'm hoping that I was witnessing the learning process and that next time he will remember. We'll see.
This week, I had to decide what I wanted to do about my work schedule next year. You know me and decisions - After much hemming and hawing, I opted to continue part-time, but increase my work schedule an additional hour (going from 66% to 85%). That means I would be getting home around 2:30, instead of 1:30. Other than that - Not a whole lot going on here. Looking forward to a decent weather weekend - Maybe we can plant some peas, and a few other veggies and do some other outdoor activity...
Can't wait to hear about Baby B! Best of luck, my friend!
No comments:
Post a Comment