Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Birthday to my baby.

Well, a year has come and gone. What an adventure this parenting trip has been.

Ben, I am so thankful and honored to be your mommy. You have brought such joy into my life, and your daddy and I are so lucky to have such a sweet, healthy, happy baby like you. I love the way your smiles are so contagious to me and everyone else around you. There's the simple smile that says "I'm happy". There's the "cheeseball face" smile when the camera is around. There's the "I'm laughing so hard I can't stand it" smile when we tickle your thighs, belly or neck. And then there's the "mommy had to work hard to get this one" smile that really means the most. I love the way you shake your fists and giggle when you are really excited about something. I love the way you are such an observer, pointing at anything and everything, and noticing anything new and different. I love the way you study something and furrow your brow when you're a bit confused. I love the way everything is now called "da-da" whether it's the swing at the park, a bird in the sky or actual da-da. I love how you are getting so excited to be a big boy, walking with mommy's fingers and sitting facing forward in you car seat. Your daddy and I are so proud of our little boy, and are so happy that you have become a part of our lives. I can't imagine my life without you. We love you, Ben!

We had a nice celebration with Andy's family on Sunday. It was perfect weather for BBQ chicken, and burgers and we were even able to have carrot cake dessert out on the patio. Ben got some wonderful gifts and was such a good boy the whole afternoon.

The decoration that I made the night before. I'm kinda proud of it... Ben likes to point at the bright colors and the balloons that we hung.

It's crazy what a difference a year makes.

May 25th, 3:30AM, 2008

5 days old365 days old.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday Ben!!

Hope said...

We have that ball toy and both of my kids have loved it. Happy 1st birthday Ben! I just love reading about how fast he is growing up.