Sunday, July 19, 2009

Wonderful Trip

We just returned from a very nice visit to Minnesota. We spent much of the trip at my parents' cabin in northern MN with very seasonally cool weather. Good thing I packed some long pants and sweatshirts for Ben... I think the high was about 55 degrees one of the days. On another we enjoyed a nice thunderstorm that dumped 2.6 inches of much needed rain. We spent much of the time at the lake relaxing and watching Ben master the art of walking. About 2-3 days before we left, he was just starting to use solo walking as his main source of transportation. Over the 9 days that we were gone, he really honed his walking skills and is becoming more confident every day. He was an excellent traveller in the airplane and in all of the various car rides. We are so lucky to have such a sweet, happy little baby.

Hanging with grandpa on the dock.

Throwing rocks.
Walking with daddy
Boat ride time.
We returned to the Minneapolis area for a visit with some friends and a baby shower for my awesome sister-in-law, Patti. I may have more pictures of these events later when I get some pics e-mailed to me.

Ben with Mike and baby Colin in the background.

Hitting some balls with daddy.

Hanging with daddy at Brent and Patti's house.

A short clip of Ben with a little pull-behind helicopter.

Thanks again to everyone for accommodating us on the trip - especially Brent and Patti for putting us up in their house and serving as Budget Rent-a-car/ airport taxi service, and Saundra for loaning us every possible ounce of baby gear that we could ever need, and to Danielle for hosting all of us girls and kids at your house, and to my parents for feeding us and hanging with Ben whenever we needed a break. I'm not sure how long I can stay away from MN once Ben's cousin is born in mid-September...

No comments: