The past 12 days have certainly been a blur... I can't believe that Eli is already 12 days old! I don't know how we would have handled these days without the assistance of grandma and grandpa... I think we could have handled Eli on his own, but throw a 2 year old into the mix (who is pretty well behaved, but needs some attention - as all 2 year olds do), and we would have been in over our heads on our own.
4 days old... Sleeping like an angel.
Hanging with Big Bro Ben.


The next 2 are when Eli was 6 days old...


One with mommy...

Daddy with his 2 boys...

Ben having fun in the backyard!

Smelling the hops with grandpa.

Looking like such an *older* brother!!

All has been going well for me - with the exception of a Day 6 - 2 hour, horrendous cramp-fest, with a slight fever, that took this mommy out of commission for 2 days.
For those who need their newborn fix, but are too far away, here is a quick clip of Eli doing the typical 'squirmy-random-newborn-arm-movements' with a 'melt your heart' face...
While we had help here, we also took on a few tasks: sorting through a ton of kid clothes, removing air conditioners and moving a ton of junk from storage after taking our house back off the market... No way could we have done these without help - Thanks grandma and grandpa!!!
Tomorrow is the big day. Grandma and grandpa are leaving to return to MN, and daddy is heading back to work. I will take Ben to his daycare/ pre-school in the morning, so Eli and I can have some time to hang out... We've been pretty spoiled so far always having someone to watch/ hold/ burp/ change a diaper on both boys that this could be a tough transition... (I think daddy held the record with 10 poopy diaper changes in one day). Ben will probably have the toughest time missing his playmate, grandpa... We will ALL miss them and appreciate all of their help! Thanks mom and dad!!!
1 comment:
Great pictures!!!
Post a Comment