She even let Ben lick the beaters!Eli is doing very well - Eating for the most part about every 3-4 hours. Even at night. I am one lucky mommy. He has had a few spells of throwing up all of a feeding, but the advice nurse seems to think it was a burping (or non-burping) issue. He gained his birth weight back very fast - Born at 8 lbs 9 oz, the next day 8 lbs 2 oz, the next day 8 lbs 1 oz, and 4 days later, back up at 9 lbs even. He is a pretty happy little guy, and we are very lucky!!!
Here are some Ben-ims from the past few weeks that I want to remember:- When grandma attempted to share Ben's cookie, Ben replied with, "Grandma, get your own tookie".
- When I had finagled both boys onto my lap, Ben says, "Mommy holding two guys".
- "I need a beer".
- "Grandma, play cars" "Grandpa, play cars" "Mommy, play cars" "Daddy, play cars" This little boy is on a serious car kick...
- "Does grandma have nipples? Where are they?"
- "Holy cow" "Ohhh, man" and " Oooo, doggies"
- Also, while kicking the soccer ball around with grandma in the backyard, Ben started up a random conversation, reminiscing about watching fireworks in the backyard in late July - describing the colors, etc. that he saw.
- He also likes to have the door at the bottom of the stairs closed every night when he goes up for ni-night so "Bears don't get you" or "Raccoons don't get you". Poor kid and his irrational fears.
- Also, last week, when I was attempting to put Ben down for a nap and he was really struggling to go to sleep, I told him he could just have quiet time and read some books for an hour until I came and got him. It was quiet in his room for quite a while, then suddenly, he starts screaming, "Mama, come here!!". I go peak in the door and here he is with both hands and one leg *completely* covered in A & D (the clear diaper rash cream - petroleum jelly-stuff) that he had found in his room. I wish I could have grabbed my camera, but I didn't want him to touch anything...
We have one funny big brother on our hands!
No comments:
Post a Comment