Tuesday, April 8, 2008

33 weeks

Needless to say, since my folks left, there hasn't been a whole lot more crossed off of "The List". We did get a second coat of paint on the bathroom ceiling, but we still need to wash/ paint the walls - I'll post a pic of the whole thing, once it's done. I'm hoping we can get away with 1 coat.

We also hung up the nursery window shades that my mom made before she left. We decided to do some old school vinyl roller shades and spray adhesive some coordinating fabric to the front of them, since the windows are super tiny. I still wanted to be able to block out the light completely, so roller shades were the best cheap alternative to any custom window treatments. They turned out pretty well. She also made a simple valance (but high quality - this is Jan we're talking about) for across the top of the window. We got some nice fabric from this quilt shop in McMinnville. I'll wait until we get the last of the furniture in (this coming Monday - crib and dresser delivery) before I post a pic of the nursery. I still need to line 2 wicker baskets that I purchased to hold diapers and toys with some other neat matching fabrics. My mom already lined the wicker hamper that I got with some cute polka-dot fabric so I can take the clothes out and carry them downstairs easily. I didn't think I'd get so into this decorating the nursery thing, but it sure it fun - can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done!

My parents got like 15-20 inches of heavy wet snow the other night - Crazy winter weather! Welcome back to MN...

I have 2 full days with kids on Wed/ Thurs, followed by 4 hours of conferences each night. I have been dreading this week for a while now. With no caffeine, and barely any time for a dinner, I'm not sure how I'll make it... At least it's only a 1/2 day with no kids on Friday. I need some time to start getting my long-term sub plans together for late May/ June.

BTW - my blood stuff came back as normal for the last few weeks - hemoglobin and hematacrit levels were fine. They actually didn't even test for the antibodies again after they were non-measurable on the initial repeat of blood tests. Doctor doesn't seem too concerned - They'll just make sure to type and cross my blood when I come in for delivery to be sure they have something on hand - just in case. My next appointment is not until the 16th. The baby has been pretty active lately - Nothing too painful yet - just wiggling around, with several bouts of hiccups (which are so neat to feel!). I'm hoping he didn't inherit Andy's perpetual motion leg machine.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow, 33 wks, I think Bennett was born right around now, this little guys could come anytime!!!

Katie said...

Are you trying to freak her out??
But, yeah, have your bag packed...