Thursday, April 17, 2008

34 weeks

My doctors appointment on Wed. went OK. The baby's heartbeat sounded good, my blood pressure was good, but my urine was very concentrated and had some protein in it. My legs were also the most swollen they've been. The nurse practitioner (love her) was a bit concerned - told me to put my feet up and drink lots of fluids and return in a week to re-test the urine. I think the issue here is pre-eclampsia, but since my blood pressure is fine - I don't think there's too much to worry about. I felt pretty tuckered out yesterday, but feel much better today (after drinking lots of fluids and resting a bit last night).

Still working on pulling the nursery together. Hope to get some work done on it Saturday, as Andy's family is throwing me a baby shower on Sunday. I still need to line the dresser drawers, wash clothes, put up wallpaper and other decorations, and I'd like to find some large (2 1/2" or larger) wooden blocks to mount on the ends of the curtain rods as cute little accents. Not sure where to find these - I've found an on-line place that you order them individually - we'll see.

We are still in the hunt for a pediatrician and a day care facility. Did some leg-work on both fronts today. Just waiting for numerous call backs for appointments... We also have some big decisions to make about me returning to work for next year. I'm leaning towards 2/3 (0.67) time - I would be able to leave (hopefully) around 1:00 or so. The other option I'm considering is 0.83 time, where I would leave about 2:30. The difference in salary/ benefits is $10K... Seems crazy for an extra 1.5 hrs of work/day. Wish us luck in our decision making - you know how we are in that department! (Slowly, but surely.)

No comments: