Monday, January 19, 2009

Thank goodness it was a 3 day weekend for me!

On Saturday, Andy and I visited the Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge for a nice hike (OK - more like a walk than a hike). There was a cool, stiff breeze, but Ben really seemed to like being outside and checking out all of the new things. He watched several flocks of geese fly over, and basically enjoyed being pushed around in the stroller. Andy and I also got to see a close fly-by of a Bald Eagle and a Cooper's Hawk as well as several other flocks of birds (Western bluebirds, bushtits, juncos, lots of ducks - shovelers, etc.) It was nice to get outside for short bit. It actually inspired us to find a frame backpack for kids on Craig's list when we got home. We picked it up yesterday - can't wait to use it!

Sunday we spent watching football with Andy's family at his brother's apartment - we made a side trip to Costco to see how their baby stuff was for pricing - Not that impressed, although we did leave with some goodies for Andy and I...

Here's a shot of Ben and I from this afternoon.

And a short video of Ben getting excited about something...

No comments: