I really don't have any specific plans to accomplish over this summer, though I'd like to get caught up on some sewing, health care paperwork and Ben's baby book, as well as some deep house cleaning. We are headed to MN for about 10 days in July - I'm very much looking forward to that trip!
Here is Ben walking with the adorable Squeaky Shoes from Uncle Brent and Aunt Patti. With, of course, a stick in hand.
And another of Ben power eating blueberries. This was towards the very end of his dinner and he was still shoving food in like he hadn't eaten a bite all day.
I do hope that everyone enjoyed their Father's Day weekend. We attended a Blues, Brews and Barbeques festival in McMinville on Saturday joined by our friends Jim and Deb and their son Levi and Andy's brothers Adam and Aaron our sister-in-law, Rhonda. I forgot my camera, so no picks from Ben's *3rd* brewfest of his life. It was a great atmosphere with kids everywhere and lots of room for the kids to roam. On Sunday, we joined Andy's family for a fun picnic at a park near Estacada for Father's Day. We ate good food, played in a fun family softball game, and had fun catching up with all of the relatives. Again, I forgot my camera so no pics (although I did take some on Aaron's camera, so I may be getting some pictures via e-mail sometime soon).
Ben and I are so thankful that he has an awesome daddy like Andy. He has been so amazing in his new role being a father to our little Ben. He knows when I need a break and is always willing to take on any of the yucky parenting tasks (like diaper changes, snot wiping, tooth brushing) along with the fun ones, too (reading, playing, walking, and general entertaining). I can't wait to watch Ben and Andy playing catch or kicking the soccer ball back and forth or flying a kite or casting a fishing pole. We are so lucky. It really makes me appreciate my dad even more every day. Thank you dad for all that you did for me and Brent. You were and still are amazing. Happy Father's Day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment