Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What a champ!

This morning both Ben and I had quite a scare. Ben fell, head first, off of the changing pad that we have set up downstairs on the guest bed. It looked much scarier than it turned out to be, but I certainly panicked at first. He barely cried and hardly even has a red spot on his head. Phew. I was pretty freaked out at first, but a few calming words from nurse Jan from 1500 miles away helped me catch my breath. He was up playing away in about 20 minutes (after some cuddling with mommy).

I dropped Ben at daycare for a few hours again to get some shopping done (Old Navy, Target, Trader Joe's and Walgreens). Then I picked Ben up and took him (finally) to get his blood drawn (for hemoglobin, lead, and allergies). I read an article in some parent magazine that discussed numbing cream that you can use before your child gets their shots. So, I called my doctor and got some for Ben and applied it 1 hour before the blood draw. It must have worked, because he didn't even cry at ALL! What a champ! So far, we've heard back about the blood count (hemoglobin, etc) - totally normal - which is always nice to know.

I feel like a post isn't complete with at least 1 picture and some video, so here's a pic from today of Ben pointing at a Red-Shafted Flicker and playing with the watering can...

...and a short video of Ben taking some more steps. He's really gotten in some long stretches of 15-20 steps, but never when I have the camera...

No comments: