We've had a rough spell here lately. RSV in late January, nasty high fever/cold virus in the early part of February, and now this past week has been loaded with another cold that turned into pink eye. This latest one started as a super runny nose, punctuated with goopy eyes, toss in some low grade fever, 2 days home from daycare with daddy and one night of horrible dry coughing in his sleep. We hemmed and hawwed for several days over whether to bring him in to the doctor. We eventually decided to take him in because of the of the goopy eyes and because another kid at daycare came down with the same symptoms. The doctor said it looked like a mild case of pink eye, and he has to take the dreaded drops for 5 days. At the same time, Andy came down some severe ear pain on Thursday night that kept him (and me) up for several hours on Thursday night. So, when we took Ben into Immediate Care today, we had the doctor check out Andy's ear. Diagnosis: raging ear infection. Poor Andy. Hopefully, this is the end of it for a while. And hopefully, the weather will warm up so we can open up our windows soon and air out all of these germs!
In the meantime, my Physics Club had an intense week of preparation for their competition on Friday. We took 1st place in the edible car competition (again), and 3rd place in the barge building (using 3 pieces of paper and 12 paper clips - build a vessel that will hold as much weight as possible). I think we got 3rd in something else, too, but I can't remember for the life of me! I'm thankful to not be working the long day once (or even twice) a week anymore - it made it tough on Andy - having to stay home with Ben on Thursday and Friday this week, plus a few more days in the past few weeks. I think my Physics Club kids had a great time, as did I, so it seems worth it in the long run. I'm hoping for a break coming up soon. I have student teacher that will be taking over full time soon and Spring Break is just around the corner. I'm looking forward to Grandma Jan and Grandpa Ron's trip out to see Ben for about 10 days over my Spring Break!
Here are some pics from last weekend's get-together with Ami/Riad and their sons, Alex and Dylan and Doug/Maureen and their twins - Conor and Madeleine. I think there were some more good pics, but not on my camera...
In the meantime, my Physics Club had an intense week of preparation for their competition on Friday. We took 1st place in the edible car competition (again), and 3rd place in the barge building (using 3 pieces of paper and 12 paper clips - build a vessel that will hold as much weight as possible). I think we got 3rd in something else, too, but I can't remember for the life of me! I'm thankful to not be working the long day once (or even twice) a week anymore - it made it tough on Andy - having to stay home with Ben on Thursday and Friday this week, plus a few more days in the past few weeks. I think my Physics Club kids had a great time, as did I, so it seems worth it in the long run. I'm hoping for a break coming up soon. I have student teacher that will be taking over full time soon and Spring Break is just around the corner. I'm looking forward to Grandma Jan and Grandpa Ron's trip out to see Ben for about 10 days over my Spring Break!
Here are some pics from last weekend's get-together with Ami/Riad and their sons, Alex and Dylan and Doug/Maureen and their twins - Conor and Madeleine. I think there were some more good pics, but not on my camera...
OK - I've now edited this post to include a few more shots from Ami and Riad. Thanks, guys!
Dylan mauling Ben. :)
Dylan, Ben, Conor and Madeleine (clockwise starting with the orange top)
And a short clip of bath time with some cute little water squirting toys.
1 comment:
Boy, you guys have had a tough winter sickness wise, that means next one will be sickness free right? Hopefully huh. Those adult ear infections are horrid, I had one when I was pg with Henry and I wanted to ram a fork down my ear, it was awful. The fluid stuck around for a long time after the infection, I felt like my hearing did not return to normal for months.
Post a Comment